Free education platform | Access online
Sign up for Spaceport Academy to help you explore space, space careers, and satellite missions. Below is a tutorial on how to use the Spaceport Academy platform.
The following suggested Spaceport topics may be especially helpful in getting familiarized with small satellites and space missions:
- The New Space Race: Dr. Jose Achache explains the importance of satellites and the new emerging applications that will change the world in the upcoming decades.
- Space Experiences: Paolo Nespoli, an Italian astronaut and veteran of two missions to the ISS and one mission onboard the Space Shuttle Discovery, talks about his experience in space as an astronaut.
- How Did That Happen?: Dr. Rick Fleeter, a satellite designer, entrepreneur, and adjunct associate professor of engineering at Brown University, explains how microsatellites evolved from “toys” to modern space application tools.
- Microspace: Dr. Rick Fleeter explains what “microspace” means and how the microsatellite platforms are changing the traditional way of designing and engineering a spacecraft.
- Satellite Systems: Professor Paolo Gaudenzi from La Sapienza University talks about the different systems involved in satellite engineering and their interconnections.